1 Bone in Boston Butt piece from Heritage Foods USA
2 Tbsp toasted & ground cumin seed
2 Tbsp toasted & ground coriander seed
4 Tbsp ancho chile powder
¼ Cup fresh squeezed lime juice
¼ Cup olive oil
2 Tsp salt
1 Tsp black pepper
2 Cups chicken stock, or vegetable stock
Fresh corn tortillas
Pico de gallo
- Make a paste with the spices, lime juice and olive oil. Rub into pork shoulder and marinate for 4 to 6 hours, or, preferably, overnight.
- In a heavy skillet or dutch oven, brown the shoulder in 2 tbsp of olive oil. The spices will smoke a bit.
- Place shoulder in a dutch oven or other heavy pot with a lid that can go in the oven.
- Pour in 2 cups of stock. Cover pot with foil, then the lid.
- Cook in oven at 200 degrees preferably overnight. Alternatively, you can place the browned shoulder and stock in a crock pot and cook on the low setting overnight, or until the meat is very tender and falling off the bone.
Shred pork with your hands or two forks. Warm tortillas and build your tacos.
Have plenty of cold Negra Modelo or mexican bottled Coke (made with sugar!) on hand.